Beneficiary Led Construction
Beneficiaries could avail the benefits of scheme component for New construction and Enhancement of existing house. Highlights of 'Beneficiary Led (Individual House) Construction' or Enhancement (BLC) Progress to be tracked through geo tagged photographs of the house.
Eligibility For New Construction
- Urban residents of EWS : Economically Weaker Section (annual income upto Rs 3 lakh) & LIG: Low Income Group (annual income Rs 3 to 6 lakh).
- Beneficiary families should not own a pucca house anywhere in India.
- To individual eligible families belonging to EWS categories, to either construct a new house or enhance existing house on their own to cover the beneficiaries, who are not able to take advantage of other components of the mission.
- Such families may avail of central assistance of Rs. 1.50 lakhs for construction of new house or for enhancement of existing house under the mission.
Implementation through ULBs
- Beneficiaries desirous of availing this assistance shall approach the ULBs with adequate documentation regarding availability of land owned by them.
- The ULBs shall validate the information given by the beneficiary and building plan for the house Minimum Carpe t Areaea as pe r NBC Illu llu stration submitted by beneficiary so that ownership of land and other details of beneficiary like economic status and eligibility can be ascertained.
- The condition of the houses e.g. Kutcha, Semi-Kutcha etc. of the prospective beneficiary should be checked with SECC data to ensure beneficiary's consequent eligibility for construction of new housing.
- SECC data regarding number of rooms, details of family members etc. should also be checked to ensure beneficiary's eligibility for enhancement of house.
- On the basis of these applications, ULBs will prepare an integrated city wide housing project for such individual beneficiaries in accordance with the City Development Plan (CDP) or other such plan of the city to ensure construction of proposed houses are as per planning norms of the city and scheme is implemented in an integrated manner.
- Individual applicants for assistance shall not be considered. Such Projects would be approved by States in SLSMC.
- While approving projects for individual house construction, ULBs and States/UTs should ensure that required finance for constructing the planned house is available to the beneficiary from different sources including his own contribution, GoI assistance, State Government assistance etc. In no case, GoI assistance will be released for house where balance cost of construction is not tied up, as otherwise release of GoI assistance may result into half constructed houses.
- States/UTs or cities may also contribute financially for such individual house construction. Central assistance will be released to the Aadhar linked bank accounts of beneficiaries identified in projects by the States/UTs as per recommendations of ULBs/implementing agency.
Though the funds from Central Government to State Governments would be released in lump-sum including assistance for this component, State Government should release financial assistance to the beneficiaries in 3-4 installments depending on progress of construction of the house.